This is one of a number of contract roles I’m hiring for on the Kent coast (less than an hour from London by high speed rail).
Saga is one of the UK’s most recognised and trusted brands, with a heritage dating back 60 years. Today we’re embarking on a bold journey to transform our business for the digital age.
Our customers are aged over 50 and have a range of confidence levels when using digital services, which creates an unusual and rewarding design challenge.
You’ll be joining the recently established Group Digital team, tasked with defining and implementing a digital strategy at a traditional company, and providing central leadership to align our divisions around a shared vision.
The ideal candidate will be creative and confident, with strong interpersonal skills. Your main task will be building a customer-needs-led content design culture across digital marketing teams.
You’ll be working with skilled teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services with content that make the lives of retired people better.
Your day to day
- You’ll take a broad look at our existing content to discover where user-needs aren’t being met, and create and plan a group-wide digital content strategy
- You’ll lead the work on a cross-division content style guide that is continually evolving to better serve our customers’ needs
- You’ll help business units create tangible, user-centred, performance-led content plans for 2017, if they need it
- You’ll contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the Group Digital team
- Where necessary, you’ll arrange or deliver content strategy, content design, and writing for the web training for teams across the divisions
- You’ll work with marketing teams to identify strong performers and opportunities for team members’ personal and career development in digital content roles
- You’ll help build the internal content community
- You’ll advise on copywriting for digital services where necessary
- Content strategy and writing for the web experience
- Creating a successful content community in a large organisation
- In-depth customer understanding and ability to turn insights into strategy
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Bring a great partner with senior stakeholders to help develop their content visions and bring them to life
Saga provides cruises and holidays, home and motor insurance, savings and share dealing, as well Saga Magazine, the UK’s best selling monthly subscription magazine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please email email@example.com or message @paulannett on Twitter.
You must be able to work in the UK, and in the Saga office (with a sea view!) for most of the time, with the option to work at home a day a week.