This is one of a number of contract roles I’m hiring for on the Kent coast (less than an hour from London by high speed rail).
Saga is one of the UK’s most recognised and trusted brands, with a heritage dating back 60 years. Today we’re embarking on a bold journey to transform our business for the digital age.
Our customers are aged over 50 and have a range of confidence levels when using digital services, which creates an unusual and rewarding design challenge.
You’ll be joining the recently established Group Digital team, tasked with defining and implementing a digital strategy at a traditional company, and providing central leadership to align our divisions around a shared vision.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, empathetic, with strong documentation and interpersonal skills. You will be our direct connection to our customers, to help us meet their needs in the digital space.
You’ll be working with skilled teams to help design, prototype and build multi-channel services which make the lives of the retired generation easier and better.
Your day to day
- You’ll help our design teams create prototypes
- You’ll organise and run usability testing sessions for desktop and mobile, and help design teams in each division to run their own
- You’ll use analytics data to help improve our work
- You’ll document your findings and communicate them across the business
- You’ll give feedback to designers and developers to continually raise our bar for quality
- You’ll partner with PMs, developers, designers and content producers to guide the user experience from conception to release and beyond
- User research and usability testing
- Organising and running user research
- Communicating your findings in a clear and engaging manner
Saga provides cruises and holidays, home and motor insurance, savings and share dealing, as well Saga Magazine, the UK’s best selling monthly subscription magazine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please email email@example.com or message @paulannett on Twitter.
You must be able to work in the UK, and in the Saga office (with a sea view!) for most of the time, with the option to work at home a day a week.