This is one of a number of contract roles I’m hiring for on the Kent coast (less than an hour from London by high speed rail).
Saga is one of the UK’s most recognised and trusted brands, with a heritage dating back 60 years. Today we’re embarking on a bold journey to transform our business for the digital age.
Our customers are aged over 50 and have a range of confidence levels when using digital services, which creates an unusual and rewarding design challenge.
You’ll be joining the recently established Group Digital team, tasked with defining and implementing a digital strategy at a traditional company, and providing central leadership to align our divisions around a shared vision.
The ideal candidate will be creative and confident, with strong interpersonal skills. You will have the skills to craft and maintain an engaging component-based marketing email framework.
Your day to day
- You’ll be responsible for the design language used across marketing and notification emails for many types of business
- You’ll run weekly email design crits with marketing managers and email developers
- You’ll learn from analytics data to improve customer engagement
- You’ll give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- You’ll help build the internal design community
- Designing marketing emails
- Creating a design pattern library
- Working with marketing teams in a commercial environment
- HTML and CSS for email design would be helpful
Saga provides cruises and holidays, home and motor insurance, savings and share dealing, as well Saga Magazine, the UK’s best selling monthly subscription magazine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message @paulannett on Twitter.
You must be able to work in the UK, and in the Saga office (with a sea view!) for most of the time, with the option to work at home a day a week.