This is one of a number of contract roles I’m hiring for on the Kent coast (less than an hour from London by high speed rail).
Saga is one of the UK’s most recognised and trusted brands, with a heritage dating back 60 years. Today we’re embarking on a bold journey to transform our business for the digital age.
Our customers are aged over 50 and have a range of confidence levels when using digital services, which creates an unusual and rewarding design challenge.
You’ll be joining the recently established Group Digital team, tasked with defining and implementing a digital strategy at a traditional company, and providing central leadership to align our divisions around a shared vision.
The ideal candidate will be creative and empathetic, with strong interpersonal skills. You will also have the talent to deliver simplified and engaging online experiences suited to Saga’s audience.
You’ll be working with skilled teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services and content which make the lives of retired people better.
Your day to day
- You’ll take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something that our audience finds easy to use
- You’ll design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- You’ll contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the Group Digital team
- You’ll give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- You’ll work alongside design researchers to learn directly from our customers
- You’ll partner with PMs, developers, designers, researchers and content producers to guide the user experience from conception to release and beyond
- Creating wireframes, prototypes, user flow diagrams
- User needs analysis
- User research and usability testing
- Problem solving
- Running UX workshops
- Good written and face-to-face communication skills
Saga provides cruises and holidays, home and motor insurance, savings and share dealing, as well Saga Magazine, the UK’s best selling monthly subscription magazine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message @paulannett on Twitter.
You must be able to work in the UK, and in the Saga office (with a sea view!) for most of the time, with the option to work at home a day a week.